Books of Interest to Teachers and Students
The lists below are just a beginning. Most can be ordered through your local book store or online by clicking the links below.
Online orders though Bat Goods or Amazon Smile will help to support our conservation efforts.
- Bauch et al. 1993. Bats Incredible!. Aims Education Foundation, PO Box 8120, Fresno, CA 93747-8120
- Bat Conservation International. 1991. Educator's Activity Book About Bats. Austin, TX.
- Cavendish, M. 1994. Bats. (Animal World #7) World Wildlife Fund. London.
- Cooper, A. 1984. Bats: Swift Shadows in the Twilight. The Wonder Series, Denver Museum of Natural History 1-800-352-1935.
- Graham, G. 1994. Bats of the World. Golden Press N.Y.
- Richardson, Phil 1985. Bats. Whittet Books, Ltd.
- Tuttle, M.D. 1988. America's Neighborhood Bats. University of Texas Press
- Tuttle, M.D. and D. Hensley. 1993. The Bat House Builders Handbook. Bat Conservation International, Austin, TX.
- Tuttle, M.D.The Secret Lives of Bats
- Zoobooks. 1989. Bats. Wildlife Education Ltd.
- Cannon, J. 1995. Stellaluna. Scholastic, Inc. New York.
- Lollar, Amanda. 1992. The Bat in My Pocket. Capra Press.
- Gerber, Carol. 2010. The Little Red Bat. Sylvan Dell Publishing. S.C.
- Barnard, Sue M. ed. 2009. Bats in Captivity Volume 1. Biological and Medical Aspects.
- Barnard, S. ed. 2010. Bats in Captivity Volume 2. Aspects of Rehabilitation.
- Barnard, S. ed. 2011. Bats in Captivity Volume 3. Diet and Feeding --- Environment and Housing
- Barnard, S. ed. 2012. Bats in Captivity Volume 4. Legislation and Public Education.
- Barnard, S. 1995. Bats in Captivity. now available online
- Lollar and French, 2002. Captive Care and Medical Reference for the Rehabilitation of Insectivorous Bats.
- Lollar, A. Tadarida Rehabilitation and Captive Care.
- Lollar, A. Rehabilitation and Captive Care of Mexican Free-tailed Bats. (Available from Bat World., 217 N. Oak, Mineral Wells, TX 76067)
- Winters, French and Lollar. The Complete Rehabilitation Guide for North American Bats.
- Lollar, A. Standards and Medical Management for Captive Insectivorous Bats
General Bat Stories
Reference Books for Rehabilitators
Osteen, FL 32764-0562